Do you love the sophistication and elegance you experience when you see a photo gallery in a museum? If you want to create that same sophistication and beauty in your home, here are a few helpful tips to follow:
- Work with a center line – When hanging your photos or art, measure up 58 to 60 inches from the ground. This is where the center of your artwork should be.
- Consider sun exposure – If you have a wall that gets significant amount of sunlight, you may want to avoid displaying photo prints or prints on paper in these spaces as they will fade significantly. If you do choose to display them here, then be sure to choose a glass with UV protection.
- Wall color – To really create a museum-like look, a soft white or gray wall will help to highlight all of the art in your photo gallery and will work with any lighting.
- Include variety in photo sizes – A mix of large and small photos and artwork in your photo gallery creates interest. Create the perfect look with larger photos or prints acting as focal points on the center line and keeping 3 to 6 inches between each frame.
- Choose frames carefully – Variety in framing can be beautiful, but to create a museum-like look, you may want to go with simple, but elegant frames. We can provide you with custom framing to ensure each piece is perfectly protected and the photos or prints all work together as a whole.
At Frameworks Gallery and Frame Design, we are happy to provide you with all of your framing needs to help you achieve the perfect museum-like photo gallery in your home. Come and see us today.